Although there are several different ways to generate quotations in NetSuite, the most straightforward method is to do so from the record of the customer for whom the quote is being generated.
- Proceed to the customer record for which you wish to write a quote and open it.
- Click the option labeled “Create New,” then choose “Quote.”
- What Is Universal Life Insurance: A Total Guide
- What Kind Of Premium Is Variable Life Insurance Based On
Completing Information for a New NetSuite Quote
After generating a new quote, it is time to fill in all the required information. The information about the consumer will be filled in on its own, but there are a few more fields that, if you have the time and ability to do so, would be to your advantage to complete. Also, remember that if you have customized your version of NetSuite, it may seem different from the one we use.
- Add a sales rep – Add a sales representative by selecting the “sales rep” and entering the representative’s name, which can be found in the primary information area.
- Add a partner if needed – You are not obliged to fill this form out; however, if you choose, you will have the option to add a partner directly beneath the sales rep selection menu.
- Form – This parameter alters the configuration of the form’s layout. It would be best if you used the default form provided by your firm in this particular instance. Talk to your supervisor or the person in charge of the system if you are uncertain which form should be used.
This part is where the reports used to estimate future sales are generated. If you find a position like this on your quote, it is highly recommended that you fill out as much information as possible. If you do not have the appropriate information accessible now, you should ensure that the record is updated as soon as possible when you gain access to further details.
- Status – Choose the current state of the quote using the dropdown menu next to the Status option. Various options are available, such as in conversation, making a proposal, negotiating, purchasing, and closed/lost.
- Probability – The % chance that the business transaction will go through is also known as its probability.
- Expected close date – The date that this transaction is anticipated to be finalized is referred to as the projected close date.
- Lead source – If you know it, it is essential to note the source from which you obtained the lead because this information might assist with future marketing efforts.
New Quote Subtabs
In the box labeled “Subtabs,” you should include any additional information regarding the quote. The following categories are represented inside the subtabs: items, billing, promotion, shipping, gross profit, contacts, and activities.
Utilize the items subtab to add items to the quote. Just a quick note: adding things to a quote does not remove them from the currently available inventory.
- You can choose from the list by using the dropdown menu. You will then be presented with a list of all of the objects stored in NetSuite; if you already know the item’s name, you may search for it using this option.
- When you want to add an item to the quote, click on the item’s name and input the appropriate amount for each item.
- Make any necessary adjustments to the price, such as applying discounts, by using the item price level.
- Check the price per unit and the overall amount to ensure it is correct.
- Select the “Add” option from the toolbar to include other elements in the quote.
This subtab displays the billing terms set as this customer’s default. It will fall back on the default terms the customer has set up. If you need to change the billing terms, you can click on the terms dropdown and select the appropriate item.
Use this area to apply applicable discounts, promotions, and coupon codes.
- Promotion – Use this dropdown to choose from the list of available upgrades. After being selected, it will automatically fill in the other fields of the subtab, such as the discount and the rate.
- Discount – in addition to the dropdown menu for promotions, this section also gives you the option to establish discounts.
- Rate – You can enter your discounts here, choosing between a percentage and a cash amount. For instance, if you wanted to offer the consumer a discount of ten percent, you would enter (-10%) in the appropriate box.
This is the section where you may enter and calculate the shipping information. If it is required, you can add information such as the shipping carrier, the shipment method, and the shipping tax code.
Gross profit subtab
This subtab displays the total amount of profit that was made from the sale. Because of the decreased price level and the coupon code, the example that we utilized for this article demonstrates a loss in gross profit.
This subtab does precisely what it says: it displays all contacts related to this customer. This comprises the contact’s name, job title, email address, phone number, and role (such as primary or secondary contact). If necessary, you can add new contacts in this section.
From within NetSuite, you may communicate directly with a client using the activities subtab to email them a finished quote. Choose the checkbox corresponding to the mode of communication you like, either print, email, or fax, and the information will be provided to you by your selection. You can include a personalized note on the right-hand side of the screen when you email the customer.
Don’t Forget to Save Your Quote!
After making all those adjustments up top, you must remember to hit the save button at the bottom of the quote screen. After you have successfully saved the quote, a notice will appear informing you that the transaction has been saved successfully. If, after saving the quote, you find that you still need to make modifications, you can do so by clicking the edit button that is located under the customer’s name.
How to Edit Existing Quotes in NetSuite
When you want to change an existing quotation in NetSuite, you navigate the various subtabs and make the necessary edits to the information there.
Even though there are a lot of different reasons why you might need to change a quote, one of the most typical reasons is that something needs to be added or removed, so that’s where we’re going to start.
Adding or removing existing items:
- Proceed to the quote that requires editing by navigating to it.
- Select “Edit” from the menu. You’ll see that any of the information in any of the fields can be modified now.
- Scroll down the page until you reach the portion of the record titled “subtabs” to add or remove things.
- To make the necessary adjustments, navigate to the items subtab, click the quantity section, and enter the revised number.
- When you are ready, press the OK button.
Add a new item to the quote:
- Select the list by clicking on the item dropdown menu.
- Select the item that you would want to add.
- Make any necessary adjustments to the quantity and price level.
- When you are ready, Click add
Update the pricing on an order:
- To view the promos, select the subtab.
- Include a sale or a special discount.
Whenever possible, we advise bringing quotations up to date whenever new information is obtained. For instance, given that we have obtained that information from the client, we will update the lead source. In addition, we will go in and update the probability and the current state.
Get Help from NetSuite-Certified Experts
First-time users of NetSuite need to become familiar with the platform’s fundamentals. Contact scscloud they have spent the last many years assisting companies in implementing cloud computing software to improve their business processes’ efficiency, they know how perplexing it may appear to traverse NetSuite. Get in touch to schedule a no-cost consultation if you or your company requires continuing support.